Readings for the Sunday / Holy Day Masses
Complete text for the readings can be found on the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website: http://www.usccb.org. Select the Sunday/Holy Day on the calendar and the readings will appear on the screen.
August 27 (Twenty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Reading 1: Isaiah 22:19-23
- Reading 2: Romans 11:33-36
- Gospel: Matthew 16:13-20
September 3 (Twenty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Reading 1: Jeremiah 20:7-9
- Reading 2: Romans 12:1-2
- Gospel: Matthew 16:21-27
September 10 (Twenty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Reading 1: Ezekiel 33:7-9
- Reading 2: Romans 13:8-10
- Gospel: Matthew 18:15-20
September 17 (Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Reading 1: Sirach 27:30 – 28:7
- Reading 2: Romans 14:7-9
- Gospel: Matthew 18:21-35
September 24 (Twenty-fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Reading 1: Isaiah 55:6-9
- Reading 2: Philippians 1:20C-24, 27A
- Gospel: Matthew 20:1-16A
Instructions for Intercessions & Announcements
- Intercessions and Announcements are placed in a CLEAR PLASTIC SHEET PROTECTOR on the table in the Reconciliation Room for Lectors to review before Mass.
- Please leave this CLEAR PLASTIC SHEET PROTECTOR on the table.
- There will be another CLEAR PLASTIC SHEET PROTECTOR on the Podium for Lectors to use during Mass.
Cantors & Choir
Choir Rehearsal Schedule
The Fall 2017 Schedule will be published as soon as it is available.
List of Songs for Cantors
September 16/17 (updated as of September 14):
Mass Parts: Mass of Christ the Savior EXCEPT Gospel Acclamation is Celtic Alleluia
- Gathering: Love Has Brought Us Here Together (verses 1 & 2)
- Psalm 103: The Lord Is Kind and Merciful (by Cotter) (3 verses)
- Offertory: Make Me A Channel of Your Peace / Prayer of St. Francis (4 verses)
- Communion: Taste and See (by Moore) (3 verses)
- Recessional: Lead Me Lord (all verses)
Who's Part of the Music Ministry?
- Cantors lead and energize the congregation in singing during worship.
- The Music Ministry Choir leads the congregation in singing as well as provides special music typically at the Gift and Eucharist parts of the Mass. Choral music performed is three to four part voices ranging from traditional to contemporary.
- Instrumentalists play solos or accompany cantors, choirs, and the congregation in song.
- The Handbell Choir ministers to the congregation through music.
To volunteer, contact Zach Holzer, Director-Liturgy & Music.