Readings for the Sunday / Holy Day Masses
Complete text for the readings can be found on the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) website: http://www.usccb.org. Select the Sunday/Holy Day on the calendar and the readings will appear on the screen.
Oct 21 (Twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Reading 1: Isaiah 53:10-11
- Reading 2: Hebrews 4:14-16
- Gospel: Mark 10:35-45
Oct 28 (Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Reading 1: Jeremiah 31:7-9
- Reading 2: Hebrews 5:1-6
- Gospel: Mark 10:46-52
Instructions for Intercessions & Announcements
- Intercessions and Announcements are placed in a CLEAR PLASTIC SHEET PROTECTOR on the table in the Reconciliation Room for Lectors to review before Mass.
- Please leave this CLEAR PLASTIC SHEET PROTECTOR on the table.
- There will be another CLEAR PLASTIC SHEET PROTECTOR on the Podium for Lectors to use during Mass.
Cantors & Choir
Choir Rehearsal and Mass Schedule
List of Songs for Cantors
Oct 21 (29th Sunday in Ordinary Time)
All Mass Parts from Storrington Mass.
- Gathering: Sing a New Song (3 Verses)
- Psalm 91: Be With Me, Lord (3 Verses)
- Offertory: Christ Be Our Light (4 Verses)
- Communion: Now We Remain (4 Verses)
- Recessional: Lead Me, Lord (2 Verses)
Who's Part of the Music Ministry?
- Cantors lead and energize the congregation in singing during worship.
- The Music Ministry Choir leads the congregation in singing as well as provides special music typically at the Gift and Eucharist parts of the Mass. Choral music performed is three to four part voices ranging from traditional to contemporary.
- Instrumentalists play solos or accompany cantors, choirs, and the congregation in song.
- The Handbell Choir ministers to the congregation through music.
To volunteer, contact Zach Holzer, Director-Liturgy & Music.