Religious Education Class Information for Grades K-8
Class Resources: Printable Schedules & Registration Forms
Use these links to get quick access to schedules and registration information. More detailed information is in the Religious Education Handbook, below.
To Register Your Child for 2018-19:
- Blessed Trinity Registration Form 2018-2019
- St John Evangelist Religious Ed registration form 2018-19
2018-2019 Class Hours and Calendar Schedules:
- There will be no Kindergarten Classes at Blessed Trinity this year.
- Blessed Trinity 2018-2019 Grade 1 through 8 RE Schedule
- St John Evangelist - RE 2018-2019 Schedule GR 1-6
To Report An Absence From Class:
- Blessed Trinity: Call the Religious Education Office at (920) 467-6282.
- St. John Evangelist: Call the Religious Education Office at 920-452-9623, ext. 218.
Religious Education and Youth Ministry Handbook
The Religious Education and Youth Ministry Handbook was prepared by the Joint Religious Education Committee and Joint Youth Ministry Committee of Blessed Trinity and St. John Evangelist Parishes in cooperation with the rules and guidelines of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. See the handbook for details about . . .
- Volunteer Opportunities and Safe Environment Education Requirements
- Class Times and Locations
- Sacrament Preparation
- Discipline Expectations
- Policies for Absences, Arrivals & Departures, Cancellations, Communication, Communication Devices, Parking Lot Safety, and Permission Slips
- Fellowship Opportunities for Children, Youth, and Families
Information for Parents about Joint Parish Facebook Page
We are excited to announce our new curriculum for grades 1-8. All are in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and help build a comprehensive understanding of our Catholic faith. In addition, catechists supplement with crafts, service projects, and media to enhance learning.
Kindergarten: Stories of God’s Love (RCL Benziger): This weekly leaflet focuses on Bible stories, Liturgical Seasons, Holy days, and Feast days to build a foundation in understanding our Catholic faith for our youngest students. The curriculum is supplemented with crafts and other hands on activities. For more information, visit http://rclbstoriesofgodslove.com/.
Grades 1-6: Finding God (Loyola Press):
The Finding God series is a spiral curriculum, meaning that each year children develop a deeper understanding of recurring themes. These themes (organized into 5 units) are God, Jesus, the Sacraments, the Church, and Morality. Each grade takes a different take on the theme and has a specific focus, which is listed below. For more information, visit http://www.loyolapress.com/faith-formation/finding-god/finding-god-2013.
- Grade 1: God is Our Creator
- Grade 2: Reconciliation and Eucharist
- Grade 3: Community
- Grade 4: Moral Life
- Grade 5: Sacraments of Initiation
- Grade 6: History and Salvation
Grades 7 & 8: Visions: What the Church Believes and Teaches (Pflaum): This series is leaflet style and dated so that each week is linked to that Sunday’s Gospel as well as current events. In addition to the leaflet, each lesson has students locate a part of the Catechism of the Catholic Church to connect to what our Church specifically teaches. For more information, visit http://www.pflaumweeklies.com/.
All of these series are held in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church by the Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.